Are you interested in advocacy or learning more as an allied professional?
Register for the Domestic Violence Core Competency Training today!
The YWCA Kitsap Domestic Violence Core Competency Training meets DSHS requirements to provide direct advocacy to DV clients. The training is also designed to increase knowledge and understanding of domestic violence dynamics.
Who should take this training?
• Anyone who needs to meet the pre-service domestic violence training requirements for advocates
• Allied professionals working with domestic violence survivors
The 30-Hour Domestic Violence Core Competency Training includes the following education:
(a) History of the Battered Women’s Movement and YWCA
(b) Domestic Violence 101
(c) The Impact of Trauma and Domestic Violence on Children
(d) Advocacy Ethics
(e) Empowerment Based Advocacy
(f) Safety Planning
(g) Legal and Court Systems
(h) Law Enforcement Response
(i) Sexual Exploitation and Trafficking
(j) Crisis Intervention
(k) Active Listening Skills
(l) Anti-Oppression and Racial Justice
(m) Working with Immigrant Communities
(n) Working with LGBTQIA+ Communities
(o) N.E.A.R. Sciences
(p) Vicarious Trauma, Compassion Fatigue and Burnout
(q) Panel Discussion – Serving Survivors of Domestic Violence
YWCA Kitsap invites organizations and other professionals to present on subjects to give attendees the most relevant and current information. Presenters and panelists may include:
• Bremerton Police Department
• Child Protective Services
• Crime Victim Assistance Center
• Dispute Resolution Center
• Kitsap Community Resources
• Kitsap County Courthouse
• Kitsap County Jail
• Kitsap County Prosecutor’s Office
• Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office
• Kitsap Immigrant Assistance Center
• Kitsap Sexual Assault Center
• Northwest Justice Project
• Peninsula Community Health Services
• Scarlet Road
• Sound Mind Body Institute
• Suquamish Tribe Wellness Center
Training Fee: $250 per person
Due to COVID-19, all trainings are being provided via Zoom and offer Closed Captioning. This is subject to change and trainings will resume to a classroom setting only if safe to do so.
Domestic Violence Core Competency Training Dates:
1. Complete and Submit the Registration Form
2. After submission, insert Registrant Name and click Buy Now
Following form submission and purchase, you will receive an email to confirm your registration. If you do not receive an email within 1-3 days, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.