Recent alerts from YWCA USA
Watch our newest video to learn more about how we are working to restore dignity for those impacted by the humanitarian crisis at our southern border.
Thank you for taking an interest in advocacy!
The YWCA advocates on public policy and budget matters that directly advance our mission and vision. We believe that, working together, we can create a community where:
- All women and families have a safe and stable place to live. Therefore, we support measures that make housing accessible to homeless and low-income women and families, prevent homelessness and promote creation of affordable housing.
- All adults are economically self-sufficient. Therefore, we support measures that promote education, living wage employment, and economic justice for women, homeless families and adults with low incomes.
- All children and youth develop the skills they need to succeed in life. Therefore, we support measures that promote children’s health, early learning and school success.
- All people live in dignity, free from violence, racism and discrimination. Therefore, we support measures that reduce the incidence and negative effects of domestic violence, diminish health disparities and advance social justice.
We believe that supporting a robust human services network is a core function of government. Therefore, we support the use of general funds and dedicated revenue sources for human services at all levels of government.
- Civil Rights
- Equal Pay and Workplace Fairness
- Federal Budget
- Gender Based Violence
- Health Care
- Racial Justice
Contact your representatives:
Washington State Legislature
Federal and State Officials
WA Legislative Hotline: 1.800.562.6000