Recent alerts from the Washington State Coalition Against Domestic Violence
[custom-facebook-feed id= WSCADV num=1 height=300px]
Thank you for taking an interest in advocacy!
The YWCA advocates on public policy and budget matters that directly advance our mission and vision. We believe that, working together, we can create a community where:
- All women and families have a safe and stable place to live.Therefore, we support measures that make housing accessible to homeless and low-income women and families, prevent homelessness and promote creation of affordable housing.
- All adults are economically self-sufficient. Therefore, we support measures that promote education, living wage employment, and economic justice for women, homeless families and adults with low incomes.
- All children and youth develop the skills they need to succeed in life. Therefore, we support measures that promote children’s health, early learning and school success.
- All people live in dignity, free from violence, racism and discrimination. Therefore, we support measures that reduce the incidence and negative effects of domestic violence, diminish health disparities and advance social justice.
We believe that supporting a robust human services network is a core function of government. Therefore, we support the use of general funds and dedicated revenue sources for human services at all levels of government.
These fact sheets provide background information on these legislative priorities, and are also great to share with your elected officials, coalition and community partners, and your advocacy committees.
- Dating Violence
- Fair Scheduling
- Federal Minimum Wage
- Firearms Related Domestic Violence Homicides
- Paid Sick Days
- Racial Profiling
- Violence Against Women
- Women and the ACA
- Women Health Care Coverage